Friday, October 2, 2009

Party Central...

While growing up celebrations were often and very elaborate in my family. I remember many special parties, cakes, themes, and decorations. All holidays were celebrated to the fullest. One year my Grandma Kay dressed as the Easter Bunny (in a amazingly detailed self made costume) and hopped to my elementary school to deliver special Easter treats. Another fond memory was an end of the year party at my Gammer's house. Girls only, we stayed up late watching Tom Cruise movies, eating junk food ,and taking picures with Gammer's camera. However, there was one particular Halloween party my parents threw for me and my friends that stands out in my mind. I vividly remember costumes, grape eyeballs, squiggly brains, games, and the fact that every friend I knew was invited. I remember standing out in our front yard looking at all my friends dressed up having and such a great time at my house! This was one of many meaningful celebrations I experienced as a child. So when Parker turned two I decided it was time to start celebrating "just for fun". Birthday parties are wonderful and I love celebrating them, but there is something special about a "just for fun" party. I know how much I enjoyed them as a child and I want Parker and Paxson to be offered similar experiences and memories. Besides, I love all their friends and families so much it gives us all a opportunity to be together.






Here are a few pictures from Parker's first Christmas party...he and his friends were 2. They frosted and decorated cookies, made Christmas ornaments and shared in a book gift exchange. It was so much fun. One parent made a comment to me the evening of the party that she had told a co-worker that she was taking her daughter to a Christmas party for 2 year olds later in the evening and her co-worker laughed and said what kinda of crazy momma plans that. I suppose I take it as a compliment to be a crazy momma. LOL :)










































The next year we celebrated a Halloween party. Parker and his friends were a little older and more friends were coming so I moved the party to the park. We decorated pumpkins, played games, frosted cupcakes, and made Halloween crafts. Another wonderful time. I just love these types of gatherings. Parker talks about them year round and now Paxson is getting old enough to join in the fun!




























(Sorry I know I go a little carried away with images but when your looking aback of at old photos it's hard not to get a little carried away!)













Things are in motion for another Halloween party this year. I am planning, printing, reserving, and preparing lots of fun activities for the the festive event. Can't wait! Oh and of course pics will be posted after the big event!

2 comments:

  1. Those memories are precious and your kids will carry those with them just as you have! Way to go, it is easy to think we don't have time, but we have to make time! Thanks from the bottom of the Hinkles' hearts for letting us be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have teared up a little seeing and remembering Parker when he was that young and thinking about how quickly time passes.

    ReplyDelete