Monday, November 15, 2010

God on his mind...

Lately Parker has really had God on his mind. He has shared a few thoughts, dreams, and conversations that he has had with God. Each story has brought tears to our eyes. It is such an amazing feeling to see your child grow closer to God. He is only 5 years old but his understanding and perspective of our Father completely astounds me. I am beginning to grasp how much I have to learn from a 5 year old. I wanted to share one of his recent conversations.

Parker told Casey...
"Daddy you know what God told me last night?"
...No what did he tell you
"He told me not to worry about you going to Heaven. That he won't take you to Heaven until I am older and can take care of myself. He won't take my daddy from me while I am still a little guy."
...I am glad to know that Parker.


And pretty much tears and hugs took over for bit from Casey and myself. One pretty special little boy! Thank you Father for blessing our lives, thank you for trusting us and allowing us the privilege to be parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment