Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shopping Adventures..

So this past week I made an adventurous stop by Hobby Lobby. We ate lunch and left SLP about 12:30. I simply needed one more box of red light to go down the other side of the drive way. Easy enough....... Well of course I had precious Paxson, patient Parker, and entertaining Ella with me. But I knew they could hang in there for one stop. We hurried in the store .....which was packed I should have taken that as clue #1. Then we picked up the box of lights and carefully selected a box sweet and sour candy canes. Next we headed to check out. Anytime I run errands with Parker, Paxson, and Ella people seem to look at me with bewilderment. They assume that Paxson and Ella are twins. I watch their eyes and they go to Parker, Paxson & Ella, and then to my big round tummy. Most of the comments are very sweet and amusing. However I am sure that most people are thinking Lady are you crazy?!? Anyway back to our shopping experience. As we head to check out I notice how long the lines are but that is to be expected at Hobby Lobby. So we decided on a lane and enter the long lines. After 10 minutes I started thinking man is this really worth it. The kids were all being so patient and peaceful. We played rock paper scissors, head & tails, guess the hand, etc. and I thought about how much prettier the drive way would look with another row of lights. Ahhh we waited this long we can do it. There were only 2 people in front of me. We waited another 10 minutes now it was beginning to get a little ridiculous. Yet I was determined to get my lights at this point after all I had waited in line for 20 minutes with three little kids during nap time. They were SO SO SO good. I broke out my phone and opened the box of candy canes and they once again waited peacefully. Finally it's my turn to check out the lady starts scanning and tells me my total. As I look in my purse my eyes started swelling up! The people in line behind looked at me like I was crazy. I looked at the "checker outer" and said I don't have any money. I left my walled at home. (I had bought some things online the night before and forgot to put my wallet back into my purse.) I even offered to leave my purse. I desperately wanted that box of lights after everything we had been through. She kinda laughed and said I can hold your things. Will you be right back. I looked at her and said no! I live in Henrietta and these kids need to take a nap. Sadly I closed up my purse gathered Parker, Paxson, and Ella and started walking out. I just kept thinking won't someone offer to pay for my things. yeah right... I would have. The kids had no idea what was going on. Parker just kept saying what about our candy canes. What if someone gets them. I explained that I really didn't think anyone would get them since the box was missing 3 candy canes. I felt like Hobby Lobby could deal with the opened box of candy after all that. So we loaded back in the suburban and headed home. I called Casey nearly in tears telling him the story. Now I can laugh at it but while it was taking place pure frustration was felt!!! So needless to say when Casey got home from work he said "Baby lets go get your lights" and we drove back into town and got the candy canes and box of lights. LOL :)

1 comment:

  1. oh, jeez-oh-peetz!! (is that how you spell that?) that's terrible! i have done similar things before and i know the frustration that must have swelled inside you! you poor thing. that just plain stinks! i'm glad though that your hubby knew enough to say "baby, let's go get your lights"! that's perfect:)

    ReplyDelete