Monday, September 7, 2009

Parker's Actual Birthday

It is so hard to believe that four years has pasted since our Amazing Parker Gene came into this Earthly World... August 30, 2005.. I remember every little detail of that day. We had been in Oklahoma the day before for my baby shower. I didn't feel 100% that morning, but when do you feel 100% when you are pregnant. We packed the Tahoe and headed to Perkins early Sunday morning. I told mom that I wasn't feeling great and she said she could certainly tell. She also said she was going to get her classroom ready for a sub after the shower. She said she just and a feeling. Well, I slept on the way home which is very unusual for me. Woke up Monday morning, still not great, but certainly not bad enough to stay home. Had a little back pain, just didn't feel great. But it was 5 weeks before my due date. However, premature births are very common in my family. As the day progressed I felt worse. My fellow teachers kept telling me to call my doctor, but I knew what she would say. So I didn't. Then after school I laid on the couch and rested. Which is a completely normal desire after teaching 22 little 4 & 5 year olds all day while being 35 weeks pregnant. Casey came home asked why I was laying down, I shared that I didn't feel well. He "pampered" me and tried to get me to eat. Then he went outside and mowed. When he came back in I was still lying down. He asked if I had called the doctor. I replied no, because I knew what the doctor would say. As the evening progressed, we ate a lite dinner and laid in bed watch tv and he could tell I was getting pretty uncomfortable. I just kept saying I DO NOT want to walk around the hospital or be sent home. They thoroughly explain the consequences of going to the hospital early in all the prenatal/child birth classes. I was NOT going in early. Then I started timing my contractions. After they got to be about 10 minuets apart I told Casey. He very anxiously told me to call the doctor, again I didn't. Then he told me to call my mom. I explained that I already had and he asked what she said. I told him that she said to call the doctor. In a very demanding voice he said call your doctor or I will! I called and she said to go ahead and go to the hospital and get checked out. Well, long story short (weep weep) Precious Parker Gene was born 3 1/2 hours later. COMPLETELY AMAZING!!!! And he is now turning 4! Thank you dear Lord for this astounding miracle! I promise to always cherish him!




We started the day with family breakfast. Parker and I made pancakes for everyone. Then we met Dandy and Meme at Chucky Cheese to continue the celebration of our Parker Gene Allen!
After a few hours of games and delicious (hehe) pizza we returned to the house for cake and presents. The cake was much simpler this time. He transformed into Optimist Prime before making a wish and blowing out his candles. Priceless! Oh and yes that is a pocket knife. Daddy got him a pocket knife. hmmmmmmm ........ We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming and reflecting on our remarkable Creation. How could anyone possibly say God doesn't exist? Pure craziness!!! Thank you dear Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment