Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Proud Mama...

Okay, so I have a few little stories to share.....just bare with me........I am a Proud Parent just like all of you! We are all so lucky!!!


Shoes:
Paxson has hit a shoe phase. He insists on having socks and shoes on at all times. So he is generally nakey running around the house with socks and shoes on. I am sure you can picture it. He is very expressive about which shoes he wants to wear. His tastes change from day to day. The last few days he has been selecting one Deigo croc and one Mickey Mouse croc. One of his teachers came up to me earlier this morning and asked if I realized that he had been wearing two different shoes. She knows me all to well!!!!! She wasn't going to call me out with it just happening one time, but two days in row.......... I explained and of course she laughed and understood completely.


Temptations:
Well no Mama likes to hear about her child being hit, but it's a fact of life and what matters is.. are they okay, will they survive, and how did they respond. The other day at the small park at school a child hit Paxson on the head with a plastic shovel. Immediate reaction...go over and check on him. One of his teachers checked on him and talked with the children and explained that hitting hurts..... you know the rest. Then about ten minutes later Paxson picked up shovel and headed straight for that same child that hit him. He walked over to the child looked at him raised the shovel, looked around, looked back at the shovel and ..................................................... walked away without hitting the child. He wanted to, he thought about it, he resisted! Can you believe a little 19 month dare devil showed such self restraint. Pretty cool! Now, I'm not saying that I don't want him to "take care of himself". I'm also not saying that he doesn't hit, I am simply sharing the "sweetness" of this particular incident. Most of you know my boys very well and know they are not completely innocent! :)
....... Okay so how many of you thought I was going to say he hit the child back?


Simple and Precious:
The other day Daddy and the boys went to visit Meme and Dandy while I went shopping. (I will share some of my great finds later in the post.) Well, when they got home Casey handed me a gallon size baggy of diapers. I looked at him and smiled. He told me that Parker packed a to go bag for Paxson. Casey said that Parker told him that they needed to take a to go bag for Paxson. Casey didn't understand really so he just told Parker "ok pack one". I later asked Parker about the to go bag and complemented him for thinking about that. (Good thing he did because Daddy sure didn't' think to take anything. :)) Parker explained that we always take a diaper and wipes when we go somewhere. He also shared that first he tried using a regular baggy (sandwich bag) but it was to small, so he tried another baggy (cheapy kind that you use a twist tie with) but it was also to small, so he got a really big baggy and used that. He said it worked "perfectly". I sat in amazement at my little man! So so aware and thoughtful!



Lunch Time Happenings:
When we get home from school Paxson is usually pretty exhausted and goes down for his nap fairly quickly. Parker has been "fixing" our lunch lately. Today we had strawberries, cantaloupe, orange slices, grapes, blueberries, yogurt, and a croissant and egg sandwich, and a stick of butter (I slide the stick of butter back into the fridge.) We went outside to eat lunch and once we sat down I realized that I left my yogurt inside. I was talking to myself and said, oh man I left my yogurt. Parker jumped up and ran inside and came back out with my yogurt. Asking if I already had a spoon before sitting back down to eat. Now you may be thinking big deal. But for a four year old little boy to be so considerate and always be so aware all on his own. It is a big deal I am continually amazed by his thoughtfulness. He is constantly thinking about making life easier on others. Now of course he is also all boy so you never know when a ball, GI Joe, transformer, or plane is going to be flying towards your head or when you are about to be "tackled down". I am not saying he is a little porcelain doll who never gets wild.......that is certainly far from the truth. But his ability to listen and help others truly touches my heart.



Weapons at Church:
Duh.....I hate to admit it but I didn't even think about it. Parker took his new Snake Eyes costume to school for Show and Tell (sword included). I asked him about Show and Tell and he explained that he couldn't show the sword...I asked why? "Because it's a weapon mom" oh yes it is! The thought didn't even cross my mind. We are so used to fighting evil at the Allen house I didn't even think about. A few of my fellow teachers had to give me a hard time.



A few savings:
Walgreens: (I know I protested Walgreens because of the mean manager but I just couldn't pass op these deals, they were at a different Walgreens, not SW pky.)

1 Therma care heat wrap
1 can Aussie hairspray
1 bottle of All free and clear detergent 42 loads
1 Venus Razor
1 box of Tylenol Several allergy
1 box Tylenol cold multi symptom
1 bottle Roots of Nature ..organic shampoo
1 bottle Roots of Nature conditioning balm...organic
4 Air Wick Fresh Ultra Automatic air fresheners
2 bags of cough drops

Total before coupons: $85.50
Total after coupons: $$10.09
Total Savings: $75.41

**Now this was a really good trip for me, it isn't always this great but I generally save more than I spend. Usually, at least $20 during any normal shopping trip.


CVS:
2 boxes of 100 Lipton tea bags
1 tube crest pro health toothpaste
1 Colgate toothbrush

Total before savings: $10.06
Total after coupons: $4.81
Total Savings: $5.25 (I still saved more than I spent)


Target:
2 Air Wick Oil Air Fresher plug ins
2 Glade Soy Candles
1 box (12 count) pop tarts
1 can Rosaritas refried beans
2 BIC SOLEIL Razors (these are great if you haven't tried them)
Total before coupons:$37.78
Total after coupons:$ 8.79
Total Savings: $28.99


Honestly it does feel empowering to save money like this....but it does take A LOT or organization and time. But totally worth it! I suppose I should stop sharing my finds....then some of you will discover your Christmas presents. :)

Actually I am going through withdraws because I can't print coupons since my computer issues ........and I keep finding all these great coupons I want to print! So much free stuff out there. LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment