Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Bird Boobie Trap...

When we went outside to swim Parker noticed a bird in the "bat cave". I looked and sure enough a little bird was flying around hitting nearly every window trying to get out. I opened the door and we waited a while. I thought if we gave the little birdie enough time he would eventually find his way out. Parker wasn't so keen on the waiting idea. He came up with the idea to put out bird food and possibly lure the bird out. So after a very persuasive conversation I crawled off my relaxing air mattress and got some bird food. He had found an old pair of goggles and thought it would be a good idea to use them to hold the bird food. We put them on the edge of the table near the door. Waited and still nothing happened. Just as I was about to lay back down on the air mattress Parker once again demonstrated his disliking of the waiting idea. I turned around and got back out of the pool and I told Parker to walk around the other side of the table and maybe the bird would fly the other direction. It took several attempts for Parker and Paxson to walk around the table. Paxson said "I'm scared, bird hurt me." I explained the bird would not hurt him. Eventually he proudly trotted right behind Parker and followed closely behind. They crept around the table nearing the chair where the bird was resting. The second they peeped around the corner the bird flew out the door and off for a new adventure! As the bird flew off Parker said "wow I set a good bird boobie trap!" I agreed!!! I have an oh so cute video capturing the entire event however for some reason I can not get it to upload. I will keep trying. Love you all and wishes for great adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment