Thursday, September 2, 2010

Current Events...

Parker's Day:

Parker: "Mommy I think you should fix my hair like this everyday."
Me: Um okay...why?

Parker: "Well there is this girl in my class that told me she likes boys without glasses that look like me and fix their hair just like mine."
Me: Well okay. Who is this little girl?

Parker: "Well the girl that you saw me talking to outside and you asked her who she was."
Me: hmmm okay well I will try to keep fixing your hair that way. I think I fixed it the same way I always do."

Parker: "okay sounds good."
Me: Parker, what do you think of this little girl?

Parker: "She is fun to play with and she whispered secretes into my ear while we were on the carpet."
Me: okay buddy just remember to listen to Mrs. Grace and have fun!





Paxson 's Day:
He is adjusting to school. He adores school but has a little difficultly adjusting to the transition of leaving mommy to go into his classroom. (To put it mildly) :)
As most of you know Paxson is absolutely precious, sensitive, loving, passionate, and oh so strong willed! We have encountered many battles as he has grown and matured. Silly it sounds as though I am talking about a teenager. Oh dear....

(A little back ground on Paxson's teacher). She has taught 2 year olds for 26+ years at the preschool. She is hands down the most dedicated teacher I have ever met! It takes an enormous amount of devotion, love, and passion for children to teach two year olds. She has stayed with the little ones for years. WOW!! She takes her position as a two year old teacher very seriously. She is amazing with all personalities. Therefore, I had no worries only excitement about Paxson being with her this year. I know he is an amazing loving hands!) She peeked into my room a little after dropping him off. (We are only separated by one classroom.) She shared that he was doing great, playing in the shaving cream. She showed me pictures she had taken. She extremely sincerely made a comment about "Theresa"...from the Jersey house wives. It totally cracked me up! (Any of you that watch bravo--housewives--- know exactly what I am referring to.) Excellent comparison. She said he was pretty upset for a few minutes then off playing having a great time.


It has been an amazing first week at school. I am LOVING teaching 4's. Feels like a great year. (I'm trying hard not to sweat the small stuff. It seems to never ever end.)

No comments:

Post a Comment