Thursday, November 12, 2009

Precious Moments

I am completely blessed to have so many opportunities for precious moments. Being the mother of Parker & Paxson obviously supplies me with countless precious moments (just a little biased). But I am also blessed by being a 2 year old preschool teacher which provides me with limitless occasions for being a part of precious moments. I wanted to share a few that I experienced just in the last few days;

It so difficult to decide which precious moment of Paxon's to share. He is at the age when literally everything they do is so sweet and precious. Lately he is really into saying "love you". Really that is all it takes.......he looks up at you and says "love you". You are pretty much putty in his hands. Watch for a special post soon!

Lately, Parker has been very curious about growing up. The other day in the car he asked me if I would have his babies in my tummy or if he would. I reminded him that only girls can have babies in their tummys and shared that his wife would have his baby in her tummy (Stumbling into VERY dangerous area). He replied okay. Wheee it stopped there for now. A few minutes later he asked how he would know who he was going to marry. We talked a little and I reminded him that it is far off and that he has lots of time to be a little guy and play and grow up. Our conversation seemed quiet for a bit. Then he looked at me and said "mommy I want to find a girl just like you!" I smiled, he said "I want my wife to be just like you!" I smiled and tried not to completely break down in tears as I was driving. Then he said............. " When daddy gets home from work I will ask him how to meet a wife like you."

While preparing for snack in my classroom we were saying a prayer and I looked over a child to see why he was removing his hat. My initial response was that a friend was taking it from him. Remember we are only 2 and sharing is not a strong point for us. I continued leading the prayer watching him for a brief moment. Get ready......... picture this..... a little blond hair blue eyed 2 year old cowboy (boots, pearl snapped shirt, and rodeo number pinned to the back of his shirt) removing his hat and covering his heart while we said the prayer. I seriously teared up. PRECIOUS!!! I looked at my aide and said.. oh my gosh this little guy is going to break some hearts.


Now if you are not laughing a little or at least a little weepy.....shame on you for not enjoying precious moments. :)

Live, Laugh, Love

1 comment:

  1. Those are very precious moments!!! I'm pretty sure I know what little cowboy you are talking about and yes, he is way too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete