Thursday, December 24, 2009

And it snows....





















I can't believe we are having a white Christmas. It is beautiful and the boys are enjoying it so much but it sure is causing some major traffic problems. My dad is stuck in Ardmore probably overnight and Casey has been trying to make it home from Henerietta for the past 5 hours.

So as we wait for Daddy in our nice warm cozy house we decided to start taking advantage of the thoughtful Christmas gift from above. Parker jumped right in the knee deep snow but Paxson was slightly more hesitant. It came up to his tummy. As Parker shoveled the sidewalk and driveway he screamed at the top of his lungs "thank you mommy for the snow" and replied actually you should thank God. So he repeatedly yelled "thank you God for the beautiful snow!" I think he would have shoveled a day if I would let him. After shoveling for quite some time I filled a water bottle with blue water color and let Parker paint the snow. Paxson seemed a little more interested in the snow once he saw big brother painting. After warming up from our 1st outing the boys ate colored snow cones in front of the fireplace as I googled snow recipes. I know I have heard of many fun things to make with snow I just can't think of any because we never get to make them. :) I think we will try going out again in a little while and I feel confident Paxson will venture out further. Merry Christmas to all and God Bless! More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment