Saturday, December 26, 2009

A White Christmas...

























So........our Christmas plans changed a little just as everyone else. It would have been great if our families were trapped here with us. But we had a perfectly intimate Christmas day with our little family. We arose from the bed around 6:00 to see our surprises. Parker ran out saying "I must have been the best boy in the world because I got so many toys". Paxson kept running around saying "mommy look, mommy look". (Casey and I discussed the sleeping arrangements earlier because we wanted everyone to be in the same room so that we could all come out together at the same time. Paxson went to sleep earlier than the rest of family. I knew he would wake up around 1:00(ish) so we just made sure it was really dark so he would just walk to our room and get in bed with us as usual. Well sure enough at 2:00 in the morning Paxson came running into our room "mommy come here, mommy come here" he was carrying his new dancing Brobie doll from Yo Gabba Gabba it was singing come dance with me and playing music. I grabbed the doll trying to shut it off so it wouldn't wake Parker. I really didn't want to start our Christmas day at 2:oo in the morning. I scooped up Paxson and put the doll in my closet shut the door and carried Paxson to Parker's room. I finally got Paxson back to sleep then at 6:00 he woke up and was ready to go so I wrapped him in a blanket (so he couldn't see) and carried him to our room. I shut our door and locked it and we woke up daddy and Parker. Then our day began! We opened present,s played around and played in the snow. Then for lunch we went next door to our neighbors and shared an unexpected Christmas potluck dinner. It was a perfectly wonderful lunch. I love this time of the year so much! Not just for the excitement from kids but I love the spirit all around. God bless everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment