Sunday, March 29, 2009

Paxson Prayers

Paxson will go at 6:30 tomorrow morning to Kell West to have bilateral myringotomy (ear tubes surgery). Allowing your child to have general anesthesia is a terrifying feeling. He will only be a sleep for aprrox. 10-15 minutes but it is still incredibly unsettling. Parker also had the surgery so we are familiar with the process however the fears and anxiety are still extremely intimidating.

When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me? (Psalms 56:3-4)

The surgery was a success for Parker he only had one more ear infection after the tubes and they stayed in until around his 2nd birthday and we have only had one ear infection since. I previously said that if Paxson had ear infections like Parker that I wouldn't wait as long to have the surgery. It is to hard on their little bodies to be on antibiotics (the pro biotic drinks only help so much) plus they are so painful. So we are praying for a gentle procedure, highly qualified anthesialogist, and overall successful outcome.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6),





2 comments:

  1. We will say a prayer for little Paxson this evening. We hope his surgery goes smoothly!
    Hope you guys are doing well. I love the blog - it's giving more ideas on what to do with our own. -TD & Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know how the surgery goes. Paedyn had to get tubes in her ears as well. It was amazing how a minor procedure makes you worry more when it is your baby having to be put through it. Love ya'll tons. Desirae

    ReplyDelete