Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break at the Zoo


Upon returning from Quartz Mountain we decided we were not ready for Spring break to end so we dropped Lizzie off at home, got a good nights rest and head to OKC. We are Zoo members and have visited the Zoo many many times the last few years. So we thought no big deal, this will be an easy fun trip. We also love the Cheesecake Factory so we wanted to eat lunch there prior to going to the zoo. We tried to make the timing work just right so Paxson was ready for a nice sit down lunch sometimes he is great and sometimes he has other plans and lets you know!!! We got to the Cheesecake Factory and there was no wait, unbelievable, everything is going great. Nice lunch, wonderful food, I even had a coupon for free cheesecake, what a deal and Paxson was a trooper.

Then we headed to the zoo. As we got closer to the zoo they were directing traffic, hmmmm never seen them do that before. Then as we got even closer and we realized that we were going to have to park in Remington, then as we drove across the street to Remington we had to drive way to the back, Casey and I both looked at each other. However, we knew that there was no turning back now, we had a 3 year old in the car waiting to go to the zoo. Needless to say the Zoo was packed , people were waiting in lines everywhere. It was absolutely crazy. It was a short visit to the zoo but the boys enjoyed the time there. We will be back soon and stay longer we love the zoo but enjoy it more when there are less people. We did learn to never try to go to the zoo on spring break.



Parker Moments: 3/21/09
Parker came running into his room and grabbed his goggles and took off running. I was unloading the dishwasher and getting Paxson a drink so I thought I will go check and see what is going on in just a few minutes. Well, by the time I made to where Parker was I could hear water, I walked into my bathroom and he is kicking & swimming away in the bath tub. (Goggles and flippers included). He also has his fishing poll and was casting it out into my bedroom trying to catch fish. He had set frogs all around the tub and told me he was fishing in the ocean. I just asked him to please invite me to go with him next time that it isn't safe to go fishing in the ocean all alone.

Paxson Moments: 3/21/09

Paxson had is first Oreo today. I love to watch little ones eat something for the first time, especially things so yummy. You never know what to expect. He wasn't to excited at first but once he got a little taste he wanted more. He broke it apart and licked the icing, then Parker tried to hand him a piece that he had dropped and he screamed and let Parker know that he was definitely not sharing his Oreo. Parker was a good sport he just laughed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Kimberly. I love keeping up with everyone through blogs...I have become addicted! Talk to you soon. Tara Hinkle

    ReplyDelete