Thursday, March 26, 2009

Simplicity

I was recently reading a friends blog and she was talking about her father. She reflected on how he lived his life. The word SIMPLE sums it all up. Her words really got me thinking. At a time in our lives when our family may be facing some transitions to think of the word SIMPLE really helps. It is all to easy to get wrapped up in the latest Ed Hardy t-shirt, new spring line from Mini Boden or Wonder Boy, or the latest designs from Coach. It is easy to focus on the material things in society what kind of car you drive, or the house you live in. I know that these things are not what life is all about, but how easy it is for me to forget and get side tracked from God's plan and purpose for creation. I realize how fortunate we are and yet there are times I sway and still think about wanting more. That is when God sends a message and brings me back to what life is really all about. Today I received and email from friend it was a poem called The Dash. It humbled me once again and helped me to reflect on what is truly important in life. Our family is in the midst of making some complex decisions and and I am grateful to know that we are in Gods hands and he has a plan. We SIMPLY have to listen and follow! A link to the poem: http://www.dash-movie.com/




This is what it is really about!

(nap time hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment