Sunday, June 14, 2009

Just needed to share...

You know how the TV gets left on sometimes but your not really watching it. It happens at our house on Saturdays a lot. It gets turned on in the morning for cartoons, then by noon we are running around doing other things and it is still on. Usually a paid advertisement, that tries to pull me in. Sometimes it's an advertisement for a non-profit child advocacy organization. The other day I saw a commercial for Plan. I had seen it before and it caught my eye yet again.
I wasn't familiar with their focus so I later got online and read about their progress and beliefs. I am active with Samaritans Purse and believe strongly in supporting their growth. I know how important it is for Christian organizations to grow. For people to hear about Jesus. His love is what will change the world. Then I started thinking about how I could support this organization also. But it is difficult to be able to give everywhere I want to. But I can give the gift of prayer. Which in reality it is the most powerful gift. We are so fortunate that Prayer doesn't cost anything, and anyone can do it at anytime. What a miraculous gift to share. All you have to have to pray is FAITH!

Back to the Plan. It has aspects similar to other organizations where you may "adopt" a family or child. I am not sure why but it touched me very strongly that day. I hate to admit it but I sometimes wonder a little bit if my money is really going where I believe it is going. A little letter and picture really doesn't truly guarantee that they are receiving my money. I read more about Plan and one particular area that interested me was Child Trafficking. (I recently watched Taken....very good show so I guess it was on my mind pretty strong). They helped the children from communities make videos about their heartbreaking experiences. It saddens me tremendously to think of children going through such terrible things. It frustrates me. How can people in the world can be so evil? I simply can't begin to fathom how or why anyone could ever hurt a child in that way, in anyway. It makes me so angry at the devil. Which sadly, sometimes makes me start to question why???? why??? why??? doesn't Jesus make it all stop. He has the power! Why doesn't he save every little child from abuse and neglect. I pray that he takes their mind, spirit, and soul away from those situations they are experiencing so it's just and empty body going through the motions. I pray for evil people to reailze the pain they cause, I pray for peace and recovery. But I know it can't always happen that way. I know they fully experience the pain and all that it entails. So I guess my point with this post is to just vent my frustration with evil and share another rescuing organization. There is a song that speaks volumes by Matthew West. He is such an amazing artist...I love his song Motions....and I to don't want to just go through the nothingness of life.....Asking What If I had Given Everything! http://www.matthewwest.com/





Plan
http://plan-international.org/


Samaritan's Purse
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/


The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me. Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you. Psalm 116: 5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment