Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Special Lady...

As I sat down to write this post..my mind keep wandering back to the words of a dear friend. Well friend really isn't a very sufficient title. She is so much more than friend. She was Parker's preschool teacher when he was 2 and I have been given the opportunity to get to know her personally over the past few years. She is a devout non-judgemental Christan (I say non-judgemental Christian because I have met many Christians in my life that have yet to learn how sad judging others makes our Father), she is an amazing listener, she is passionate about young children, and nature is her thing. I knew from the very first time I visited with her that God had placed her into our lives for many reasons. Her ability to pray, listen, and act is quite powerful. Recently she has made a big life decision about her occupation. She will be resigning from teaching kindergarten at the end of this year. From there she really isn't sure where she is going. She is praying and listening. She made some comments about money that were provoking. She said she really doesn't want any more money. I honestly believe her. She is right that money and things are society expectations. There are times that I literally hate money. I don't want to be dependent on material things and I get frustrated with myself when I am. Why does society place such an importance on "things" rather than people? How did we all get so far out of touch? When did owning a big tv, fancy car, or huge house become more important than helping others, having conversations, praying together, enjoying nature and simply just living. After all what really matters!!! In the last few years we have made some major changes in our life. Through these changes although hard at times we have gotten closer to who we want to be. Thanks Brooke for reminding me what matters. Everybody needs a "Brooke" in their lives.

3 comments:

  1. oh - thank you for writing such a beautiful tribute to sweet Brooke. I wholeheartedly agree with you on everything you said about her, and I don't even know her to the extent that you do. She is such a beautiful woman of God just like you Kim! I have blessed and so grateful to know both of you. When you get a chance, please email me Brooke's email. I would like to talk to her about something at church. Much thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post, Brooke is great and I know life will take her to do great things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, kimberly, you've brought tears to my eyes. thank you so much. your words are just beautiful and exactly what i need. sometimes we all need a little affirmation. thank you, thank you. i know we've mostly kept in touch through blogging, but all these little notes have meant so much to me. it's so good to get to know your heart and share mine with you, too.

    the truth is, i feel the same way about how you've impacted me! you've offered such a great perspective to working with children, kept things very real and honest, are absolutely unashamed of our God, and bring great joy to those blessed to know you. you are a beatiful woman. i'm so glad you came to school for little people. sometimes i want desperately to be back there. i'm just not sure i'm meant for another turn:) thanks again!

    ReplyDelete