Friday, March 12, 2010

Really AWESOME....Not just regular AWESOME

Parker stayed home with Casey on his day off this past week for some Daddy time. They started with breakfast at Altana Bread Company then moved on for a little shopping. Parker explained that he needed some new shoes. He and daddy went to 5 different shoe stores looking for the right pair. Casey attempted to guide Parker towards, Jordans or Nikes while Parker had his mind set that he wanted Skechers. When did Skechers become so popular that a four year old wants/needs them?

Anyway he a daddy had pretty different ideas about the "right" shoes. I even recieved a phone call from Casey about the type of shoes Parker wanted. Finally Casey gave in Parker selected a pair of light up green Skechers. Casey said they had a hard time finding the right size. I guess I didn't explain clearly enough that he wears an 11 or 11 1/2. :)JK Well Paxson and I met them for lunch at Samurai. Parker showed off his new amazing pair of shoes. His pride and excitement could be seen for miles. I watched him walk around the resturant in them and noticed he was kind of limping. I asked him if they hurt and he said a little but that "they are still new so I just have to get used to them". I asked Casey what size they were. He said 10. :) Casey said that Parker told him the same thing about having to get used to them. I immediately new the problem. It took both of us thoroughly persuading him to take them off and put his old shoes back on. I understand his hesitaiton to take them off. I know what it feels like to love your shoes! I explained that we could look online when we got home and order whatever pair he wanted. We even discussed how many days it would take for them to arrive...how fun it would be for him to get the package in the mail and to open it. I finally found the shoes he wanted online but with shipping they were going to cost $12.50 extra. (Maybe that doesn't sound like much but I am not going to hand over $12.50 for shipping when the shoes were on $38.00) So I convinced him to go back to Academy return the ones he and daddy bought and look around town for new ones. Once we finally made it to Academy I looked in the bigger boy shoe section. He has moved on apparently. There they were the exact shoes he wanted! Perfect ending!!!!! He was ecstatic to say the least!!!!!!! Later that day we were going upstairs to lay down for a nap and I was watching him swagger up the stairs with such pleasure looking at his shoes. He looked up at me and said "mom these shoes are really really awesome not just regular awesome but really really awesome." Just thought you all might like to see what really really awesome shoes look like. :)



While they are lighting up

No comments:

Post a Comment