Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And it begins...

Tradition started....Casey received a special gun from his Great Grandpa Pop when he turned 5 and couldn't wait to share the tradition with his boys. Rest assured he has been given extremely strict instructions and the gun is kept far out of his reach. Truly no way for him to get into it! But the excitement has began.



Parker could not wait so at about 9:00 in the morning we went outside behind our house in the ally to practice. Priceless expressions!!!


The guys headed out to the deer lease for some real shooting.


Initial directions for shooting from Dandy!



Paxson always manages to find a good stick while out exploring.






Paxon took an orange and white shot gun Parker got for his birthday.



As most of you know Casey is not a big hunter. He enjoys shooting but is not really into hunting animals. So believe me Parker has been taught that it is certainly not okay to shoot something just for the "fun" of it. For the next several years he WILL be sticking to cups, cans, and target sheets.






I would like to preference this post with a little of my personal opinions and thoughts. I have read several Christian books on raising boys and will continue to further my knowledge to prepare and educate myself through prayer and literature to be the best boymom I can be.

I continually pray for guidance and wisdom to be a good parent to Parker and Paxson. I honestly consider it to be the most important purpose of my time here on Earth. I realize as a parent I am not short of imperfections and I do make mistakes but I can honestly say I love my family with all my heart and try to do absolutely what is best for them. I encourage them to be independent, strong, caring, loving, Christian individuals. I pray for God's guidance so I don't interfere with who they are and what God created them to be. My responsibility is to channel their manliness for the grater good, not try to suppress who they are or were created to be. So I guess what I am saying is my boys will be who they are meant to be! Love to all!




No comments:

Post a Comment