Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter Treats

I have never claimed to be a good cook. As Casey says on a regular basis, "I didn't marry you for your cooking skills", I can claim to be a good baker. I love to bake cookies, muffins, cakes, bread, any yummy sweets! I wanted to share a few yummy Easter treats that we have been making!
Peeps Smores







They were so bright and easy to make and lots of fun to eat. The boys mostly enjoyed taking them apart. However, I thoroughly enjoyed eating them I ate one of each color.





Cadbury Egg Muffins
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 butter melted and(cooled)
1 tsp. vanilla, 1-2 1/2 milk
12 mini Cadbury eggs



Preheat oven to 350. Line muffins tin.
Large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt
Small mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla until smooth, whisk in milk.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined and not streaks of flour remain. Evenly distribute muffin batter into muffin tin. Place 1 mini Cadburry creme egg in the center of each muffin. Bake 14-16 minutes, until the top of the muffin springs back when lightly pressed and the edges are a light gold. Cool on wire rack.

**The pictures don't do justice. These were very good, something different and special for Easter.**

1 comment: