Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mom of the year.........NOT

Okay so I am not winning the mom of the year award for the past few days. I have been a little under the weather with allergies the past few days. I never get sick. I am so fortunate I think I must have the immune system of a super hero. Maybe that is because I have been surround by little curious germ sharing children for the past 17 years. However the ragweed finally caught up with me. Zyrtec D and Flonase has helped and I am feeling better! :)


.......Back to my mom of the year reference. Well our usual routine is to come home from school and Paxson pretty much goes straight to nap then Parker and I have lunch and play for little bit then he rests and I have a few minutes of "mommy time" before Paxson wakes up. (It would be nice if they both slept at the same time so I could have a little longer to try and get things done but then it takes away from their personal time mommy. I feel it is so important to get good one on one time with each of them daily if possible.) Well since I wasn't feeling well on Monday and Tuesday I laid down to take a nap with Parker. So when we got home from school I explained that mommy didn't feel well and we could just watch a movie instead of playing and even have a picnic and eat lunch in bed. I asked him what he wanted and offered him some choices. He thought for a minute and said he wanted chocolate chip muffins and a Spiderman popsicle. Rather than explain why that might not be a good healthy lunch I simply said sure just grab what you want and lets go lay down. Then on Tuesday we followed the same routine and I told him mommy was still sick and she needed to rest so he looked at me and said "don't worry mommy I will get my own lunch, you go to bed." So I said okay and I went to go lay down. I was very curious to see what he was going to get for lunch. A few minutes later he jumped into bed with a bag of powdered donuts and a V8 Fusion. I just smiled and thought oh well at least he is getting his veggies with the drink. So to conclude why I will not be receiving the mom of the year award... my three year old had muffins and a popsicle and powered donuts and V8 fusion for lunch! Good thing I only felt bad for a few days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment