Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bedtime Stories...

Bedtime stories are a tradition in most families and ours is no different. As a young child I remember my mom and Gammer telling me some extraordinary and elaborate bedtime stories. They are irreplaceable memories from my childhood. I remember the stories my mom shared with my brother and sister. I know that they to treasure them as I do. My mom has shared some of the same stories with Parker and he excitedly listens with anticipation just as we did. My sister has carried the tradition on and shares stories with Parker. It is always interesting to me to hear about others stories. I have made great efforts to share my enthusiasm about bedtime stories with Casey. He has gained a keenness for them and truly values the opportunity. I was listening in the other night when he was telling a bedtime story to Parker. (They usually are about camping.) His story was about fishing with Dadaw and falling in the creek. Big Bubba getting a fish hook stuck in his finger and Parker catching the biggest fish of all. Daddy's stories usually transpire from his childhood. As I layed next to Parker he looked at me and retold the story. His personal version. Then he said wasn't that the "greatest story ever mom". That's why I love Bedtime stories so much!

1 comment:

  1. I love the bedtime stories. I can still remember stories from my childhood and I'm sure Parker and Paxson will also always remember the ones that they hear. I'm so glad I get to tell the stories now. It's one of the most imaginative things I get to do.

    ReplyDelete