Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Parker Thinking.....

Parker poured a cup of juice for himself today!





Well, I am sure many of you are thinking big deal...........there is more to the story! He has poured himself drinks many times but today it particularly caught my attention and reminded once again how smart my little guy is. He came in the living room and told me he just got some juice to drink. I didn't think much of it because I assumed he just got water and was pretending. He kept reiterating that he got himself a cup of juice. So I looked and sure enough he had gotten a cup of juice. This is when my curiosity really began to rise.... I knew I just opened a new bottle of apple juice. I knew it was almost full so it was still very heavy. I knew it was on the top shelf in the refrigerator. I knew I didn't hear any messes or screams of frustration come from the kitchen.



I really didn't ask many questions, he simply explained that he climbed up the refrigerator and "reached" it. I just smiled and reminded him that I would be happy to help him next time. A little bit later he came from the bathroom with the bottle of apple juice. Again my curiosity began to escalate. I asked him why he had the juice bottle in the bathroom. He explained that he put his cup in the bathtub and poured the juice there, because he doesn't like making messes. BRAVO!!!! Everyday I continue to be amazed with the thinking processes of young children. Such a thinker! Now I know some of you are thinking, really this is not that big of a deal. But all you moms and fans of young children know THIS is a big deal. So much processing, planning, coordination, ingenuity and direction took place in this small task. We call it Parker Thinking around here. :)

1 comment: