Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Handy Helper...

Okay, so anyone that has young children, works with young children , or spends time around young children knows that if there is silence there is good possibility to fear what is taking place. Well, this is exactly what happened this afternoon.

Parker and Paxson were playing in Paxson's room while I was preparing dinner. I noticed that it was quiet.......hmmm I knew I should go and check, but sitting down for a bit was so tempting. There are not many opportunities between 6:30 am and 9:00 pm to simply sit down so ...............................Just as I was about to sit down Parker came running in and said "come look, I fixed things like I thought you would like them. I didn't think you would like how it looked when it was messy." I walked into Paxson's room and saw exactly what Parker meant. He said "Paxson made a big mess all by himself so I cleaned it for you." I passionately thanked Parker, gave him a big hug, and boasted on his accomplishment.




The truck had been outside in the pool, and was filthy. Paxson insisted on bringing it in the house. Choose your battles! The pics don't really show everything, he mangaed to fit inside Paxson's bed. I asked him where Paxson should sleep and he said in a very certain voice " mom, you should just take everything out when he needs to go night night."

No comments:

Post a Comment