Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rude People at Wal-Mart

Since I have started "couponing" I have really come across some very thoughtful and eager people as well as some disrespectful and boorish people. I try to be a courteous "couponer". I let those checking out behind me know that I have coupons so it may take a little while. I share my great "finds" and I offer apologies for any inconveniences. However, I am admit that my coupons are accepted and that I am "checked out" with respect.

Well, the employees at Target, Walgreens, and CVS are always friendly and supportive.Bravo to those stores! Wal-Mart is completely different. Every time I check out at Wal-Mart they seem to be bothered by the fact that I am trying to save money. They complain about he coupons and frequently try to tell me my coupons will not work. (Which means they have to type the number in opposed to scanning it.) I hope that not all Wal-Marts are this way. I hope it is only the Wal-Mart on Green briar! I have said time and time again that I detest that Wal-Mart and that I will not go there again. Yet, it is close, convenient , and often cheap so I keep returning.

Let me share my latest experience.

Parker keeps track of the coupons for me. It is a big deal to him. Earlier today after he proudly and successfully handed "checker outer" the coupons she looked at him then looked at me with dismay. I smiled in return. She looked at me and asked "are you going to use ALL of these" in a very shameful tone. Like I was doing something wrong!?! I smiled and looked back at her and replied "No, I just thought I would hand them all to you for you to hold." Then I smiled again and said "yes, I am using everyone of them." The gentleman behind me smiled at me and giggled a little. I just thought how rude lady!!! Here I am using my precious time to organize, print, cut out , and look through ads for the best deals trying to save my family money and becasue of that you are going to be RUDE to me. How hateful. I need to pray for you lady! (Me to, I need patience for rude people.) I am usually rather accepting of rude behavior towards me, (now my boys, it's an entirely different situation) but I am worn out with RUDE people at Wal-Mart. I am taking a long break from the Wal-Mart on Greenbriar! ugh!!! and grrrr!!!


I did save $18.00 using everyone of my coupons! hehe haha to you grumpy lady...

1 comment:

  1. dangerous territory? yes. worth it? certainly! i'm glad you're using your coupons. we all need an opportunity to practice patience: you, me, and the "checker outer" :) i'm with you about wal-mart. i don't go to the green briar one very often (because it's not on the way). the one on lawrence gives me nightmares (mostly because getting in and out of the parking lot could give you an anyuerism -spelling?-), but i can handle the one up near the base and that is the only one i will go to. good luck kimberly!

    ReplyDelete