Thursday, January 14, 2010

Make a Difference...

the beauty of Haitithe devastation of Haiti
Do you want to make a DIFFERENCE...

I thought I would share a few ways to help with you. I can't imagine the devastation and pain so many are going through. I want to help but it is difficult to know where your money is really going or if the foundations are really legitimate. It is utterly disgusting to me that people try to profit from others pain. I realize the world is filled with "scammers" but I will not let this detour me from helping simply cause me to do a little more research first!


Below are a few ways that I have found to help. I found a few of these on my own and some from a friend. If you feel the desire at all please consider doing so. I honesty feel that any donations will help significantly with this disaster. I wish I could do more to help financially but I know that even the small amount I share will help others and I will continue to pray for them. Coming together in crisis is what it is all about. Great opportunity to get a "gold star" Just kidding

The Red Cross offers an option to donate $10 by sending a simple text message. Just send a text "Haiti" to 90999 to donate $10. More details on their website.

CNN has also put a list together

The Samaritans Purse which I have mentioned many times before also has put together an option for donating.
As a wise woman reminded me earlier.....
Proverbs 19:17
He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment