Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Moving....UGH!!!!!!.....

We took this as a sign......it will all work out. Near the end of the day the rain cleared and left us a rainbow! I thought it was a great gift for our new adventure.



I had Parker's room somewhat set up so they could come home from Gigi's and see their new room. They were excited!


In the middle of carrying boxes I looked up and there they were sitting at the top of the stairs excitedly eating Cheetos watching the action.




Casey and I have moved five times since we were married. We moved from our college home to an apt. in Wichita Falls, then to our "first" home, then to our most recent home, and now to Henerietta. This move was CRAZY. My mom and Dad kept the boys for 3 NIGHTS (we have never been away from them for that long) so that we could move. We knew that moving with the boys would be way more challenging. It is always fun to go and stay with Grandparents. Casey had to work a lot so the move was was a little here and there. My Super Duper Awesome Brother brought two friends to Wichita Falls to help move on Saturday. So the three boys and myself loaded the Uhaul all day in the wet, cold, windy and raining weather. Honesty we could NOT have done it without their help. Then Saturday evening when Casey got home from work he finished the move.My brother and his friends headed back to OK that evening and Casey and I prepared for our last load to deliver on Sunday. We knew our family had collected many things over the past few years. But I don't think we truly realized how much "stuff" we had. With this move we had an entire kindergarten classroom, all the belongings of a four year old, all the belongings of a two year old, an office, and the rest of our rest of our lovely "stuff". By the end of our move we were not referring to our belongings as "stuff". I think you can use your imagination and figure out what we referred to our belongings as. Then to top it all off we still had the Christmas lights to take down. My brother was planning to take them down on Saturday but it was raining all day and I didn't want him on the roof while it was raining. So the lights had to come down on Sunday before we handed over the keys. The lights did come down and I decided that I really need to pay my brother more next year for putting our lights up and taking them down. Anyway we are here now and things are beginning to settle down. On Sunday Dandy and Meme helped us settle in. Meme started in the kitchen while Dandy hooked everything up and helped Casey deliver boxes to each room. A special thanks for feeding us so often until we get our kitchen together. It will take some time to have our home looking normal but we are very excited and feel happy and peaceful about the decision. We get to have lunch with daddy and he makes it home in 3 minutes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment