Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Day...

So....We decided it was best to miss school today. I attempted to leave and Casey called and said he really really thought it was better for me to come home. We turned around and he met us at the Henrietta WalMart (Dollar General) and we picked up a few things for the day. (We also have grocery store, Dairy Queen, Sonic, Subway, and Leals :)


I can't believe we have had two good snows here in Texas. I wonder what summer will bring? The boys and I started the day finishing Valentine cards for their friends. As most of you know I can't be simple with things. I made little valentines for their friends that were mostly parent made but I also let the boys select several boxes of valentines to make for their friends. Instances like this remind me of a good friend of my moms. Her son once asked her if he could just take store bought cookies to school rather than fancy cookies. LOL So far Parker and Paxson are impressed with my ideas. That may change but I sure hope it doesn't.
(My bananas turned a little quickly they aren't as pretty as I wanted them to be.)



They spent the morning drawing and putting stickers on their cards. I have always hated how little the cards are. It's hard for little hands to fit their entire name on the cards.
P.S. I also found some great Chucky Cheese Valentine token cards online. We printed several for friends and ourselves. :)

After lunch we went outside for a snowball fight and of course building a snowman. Paxson actually enjoyed being out for a bit. He brought a bowl and filled it with snow and tasted the "cold cold no mommy". Parker and I threw a few snowballs. It's hard not to really get into it. Our neighbor stopped by and asked Parker if he needed any help. Parker's reply " no my mommy is a good ninja but I am much better." :) Our snowman wasn't as large as before but we still couldn't pass up the opportunity. Plus the snow was PERFECT for packing and rolling.. and throwing.

A perfectly nice snow day! (Parker still asked if he could swim today...so far it's been once a day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment