Saturday, May 30, 2009

Here I go again....

It has been a little while since I have rambled.....well, here I go. The other day I was at the doctors office for Paxson's 15 month wellness check (which by the way went very well, he weighed 25.5 lb and 33 3/4 inches long. Tall and lean) and I couldn't help but over hear the phone conversation of the woman sitting next to me. It was evident that something unpleasant had happened earlier in the day.
I was drawn to her words "we will handle it somehow, we just will, we'll figure something out". These words stuck in my mind , I presume because they are words that I have said. Her words were filled with encouragement. I wondered what the situation was, my first thought was finances. I suppose because of the way she spoke. However, I really don't know. I do know that I felt compassion, something drew me to her. I felt compelled to try and help in someway. I could see, feel ,and hear the stress and worry she carried. So without her knowing, I prayed. I did so silently and began small talk with her. She was holding a precious little girl a little younger than Paxson. The little girl was smiling looking at Paxson. Paxson was playing hard to get. I never said anything to her about her conversation or asked any questions. Later I wished that I had, but at the time I didn't know what to say....fear I guess. (But why should I have feared talking....why is it that situations like these easily keep me from being who God wants me to be??) We were still waiting after she came out from seeing the doctor and she stopped by us to say goodbye to Paxson. I smiled again and bragged on her daughter. This situation mystified me throughout the evening. I kept thinking about the woman and what she said. We as women often carry so many burdens and once we become mothers the burdens intensify and multiple tremendously. It is extremely easy to put others before ourselves. I tend to concentrate on supporting, encouraging, and uplifting others far before I ever begin analyzing my thoughts. That is what mommies do! I pray for God's continuous wisdom and support to sustain the strength to be the woman, wife, mom, and friend he created me to be! I pray this for all women & mommies!


Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5


Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord! Psalm 31:24

No comments:

Post a Comment