Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swine Flu Scare.....

Swine Flu Scare............I am so glad things are calming down a little. Everything was put on hold and everyone seemed to be in the beginning stages of panic. Here in Wichita Falls nearly every store was sold OUT of bleach, hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes, etc. It was crazy the shelves were empty everywhere. I always have AB wipes and hand sanitizer but I even begin to think maybe I better stock up......then the stores were empty. I even looked online and actually thought about ordering somethings then I realized I was beginning to over react a little. I called my mom and asked if people in OK were going as crazy. We have not eaten out at all since the scare started on Monday and that is a pretty big deal for our family. So I decided that the best thing for us was to just try and stay away from public places as much possible and wash our hands every 20 seconds (LOL --well it seems as though we do.) It was very gald to hear that the reports from the children that attend Southern Hills Elementary came back negative. Maybe things will get back to somewhat normal. I do believe it is important to be aware and cautious but not to overreact. Anyway I am hopeful that people are being more careful about their hygiene. Hand washing is to easily forgotten or dismissed. There really isn't anything that disgust me more than watching someone use the restroom and leave without washing their hands.

Since we tried to steer clear of public places as much as possible this past week, we had to try and think of things that we could do to get out of the house for a little bit. One afternoon we drove around and looked at all the beautiful bluebonnets. While looking at some of them I couldn't resist taking a few pictures. Well, the pictures sure show that the boys not in the most photogenic moods. hahahaha


I plan to take them out again very soon to try and get some more pictures!















This is my favorite, this was the last shot I took! :)


Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment