Friday, May 8, 2009

Ride Em Cowboy...

The father of a little girl from Parker's school brought 2 of his horses to school for the children to see and even ride a little. I told him that he probably didn't have any idea how much taking the time to do this meant to all 300+ little children. A lot of them like Parker are "town" kids and don't' have the opportunity to ride a horse very often. Parker was so excited. That morning he insisted that he wear cowboy boots. I reminded him (again) that he didn't have any cowboy boots he could simply wear his Harley boots. He reminded me that he was going to ride at horse at school today not a motorcycle. That was certainly not good enough. He pleaded with me to call John one of his friends because (John told him he has a lot of boots and that he could borrow a pair). I explained to Parker that I really couldn't call John's mom and ask her to do that. He was pretty upset. So I showed him some pictures online of cowboys riding horses that didn't wear boots. He decided that his Harley boots were okay. So once we finally got out of the house and headed to school he asked if I would please go and buy him some cowboy boots. He explained that it was okay for today he would wear his Harley boots, but he really wanted some cowboy boots. So.... that is what I will be looking for. :) When we walked into the school we ran into Anslie's daddy and Parker stopped him and said Anslie's Daddy I don't' have cowboy boots so I had to wear my Harley boots will that be okay? Anslie's Daddy (Mark) reassured him that his boots were just fine! It was a pretty cute moment!!!


Paxson visiting the horse!















He liked petting it but being up high wasn't his thing!










What was little funny about the whole BOOTS ordeal was the shorts...how many cowboys do you see

wearing shorts? But that didn't seem to bother him. LOL

1 comment:

  1. You should have called us!!! I would have been happy to bring some! Do you have any pics of John? If so can you email them to us? If not, no problem!

    ReplyDelete