Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Portfolios .........with a 16 month old

I am truly not a procrastinator! I am very much a planner and organizer, however I do tend to work best under pressure. Well, I am used to creating and assembling portfolios. I used them for years in Kindergarten so the idea of only having to make 8 seemed so simple. I told myself at the beginning of the year that I was going to stay on top of them. Since I am only teaching part time from 9-12 there was/is absolutely no reason for me to fall behind. I started out so well, organizing each piece art art work with photos and dictation........Well now everything is in big boxes. One big mess. I spent the past few days organizing the boxes and I am currently at the point of inserting photos and labeling activities. I thought this afternoon was my chance to really "dig" in and accomplish a lot. Well wouldn't you know it Paxson woke up 15 minutes after Parker went to sleep so I just kept on trying to work. Make a mental image, imagine scrapbooking with a 16 month old walking around. He constantly stepped on pictures, art work, picked up books and everything fell out. I am sure you can imagine all the help he was. But I knew I would be up all night working if I didn't try to get something done, so I kept working and Paxson kept destroying. I just had to laugh. At the point when the bag of chips were dumped all over the floor, couch, and Lizzie I thought oh well what else really can happen. So he walked around them crunching them up laughing, then he started throwing them laughing more when I said "No". I gave up pretty soon after that. Much later in the evening Casey offered to help. He stayed up with me and cheered me on. With the help of his moral support and my good friend Kendall Jackson we managed to accomplish the task of perfecting 8 preschool portfolios. Next year I WILL stay up with them. LOL








(Sorry for the poor quality photos, they were from my phone and you know all what my phone has been through. I just can't give it up. It stopped working last Tuesday and I was ready to get a new one then I checked it one more time before bed and it came on. Then Saturday it would't let me call out or answer any calls all I could do is text, but Sunday it started working just fine again. I won't give up until it gives up! )

No comments:

Post a Comment